Before applying, you should read our Sixth Form Prospectus and Course Directory. A printed copy of the prospectus and application form can be obtained by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning Harris Sixth Form Admissions on 0208 253 7777.
Harris Sixth Form: Admission Criteria
Candidates must have the potential to fulfill criteria as stated in the application packs available.
- Application form sent to Harris Sixth Form Admissions at the Harris Federation office
- Attendance at course discussion meeting as requested by Harris Sixth Form
- At the course discussion meeting applicants must bring details of their predicted grades plus samples of their Year 11 English and Mathematics work. If applying for an Art course please bring your portfolio of evidence.
- Closing date for applications is Friday 31st March 2017. Applications received after this date will be acknowledged and you will be placed on the waiting list.
Appeal procedure against rejection of a place at Harris Sixth Form
Applicants, who believe they have been refused a place unfairly at Harris Sixth Form, may appeal in writing to the Principal of Harris Sixth Form, within 20 days of receipt of the rejection letter.
Upon receipt of the appeal, the Principal of Harris Sixth Form will speak to the member of staff who spoke to the student and review the course discussion meeting notes, application form and the pupil recommendation form. On the basis of the evidence an informed judgement will be made. The Principal of Harris Sixth Form may, if required, recall the applicant for further discussion about his/her application. The applicant will be informed in writing of the Principal of Harris Sixth Form's decision. This will normally be within seven days of receipt of the appeal.
Why choose our Federation?
For our Sixth Form students we offer:
- Excellent study support facilities
- an enviable record of A Level and BTEC examination success
- all courses fully resourced and generously funded
- a growing reputation for community care and involvement
- excellent industrial contacts through our growing network of sponsors
- personal tutors trained to support individual students and to monitor their academic progress
- high profile for the Federation equal opportunities policy
- industry standard ICT facilities
- extensively equipped sports centre available to students
- strong links with local Higher Education institutions to ensure ready-made progression routes
- a two week work experience placement or problem-solving exercise linked to courses
- teachers timetabled for every lesson
- graduate teachers, many recruited for their vocational experience
- a wide range of field studies and educational visits.
As a student concerned about your education you will want to consider the following:
- standards of education
- facilities available
- reputation in the community
- relationships with local and national employers
- standards of conduct
- ability to cater for everyone (no discrimination)
- high quality learning environment
- sports opportunities
- progression to Higher Education
- work experience opportunities for every student
- specialist teachers at all times
- staff qualifications
- class sizes
- extra curricular activities