There are no exams, as it is all based on coursework.
Students require a Merit grade in Level 2 Art and Design, or a grade C in Art GCSE.
Required Skills/ Aptitudes
Skills required to be a successful candidate for the subject:
- Personal organization.
- Time management/ meeting deadlines.
- Working as a good team member.
- Subject specific skills.
- To be able to record your own visual ideas through drawing, sculpting and/or photography.
- To be able to work independently.
- To be able to follow a design process from an idea through to a final outcome.
Progression to Higher Level courses in Art and Design is normally through application to a foundation course at Art College, before applying to a degree course in a specialist area. Studying Art and Design for its own sake develops transferable skills, which can take you into employment. Success at this level requires determination and dedication.
Future Pathways include: Graphic Design; 3D Design (for example ceramics); Fashion, Fine Artist, Illustrator.