Programmes of study
Sixth Form Programmes of Study
You are beginning the next stage of your education with the Harris Federation, which comprises of ten Harris Academies working together to provide an outstanding educational opportunity for you. You can expect the following from your time at the Harris Federation Sixth Form:
- Outstanding achievement and success for all students
- High quality and stimulating teaching that allows you to achieve your potential
- Consistent and detailed information, advice and guidance that allows you to make informed choices about future career pathways. This includes the World of Work programme for students looking for top apprenticeships and employment following their time at Harris
- Progression Accords with associated universities to enable guaranteed offers for Harris students for selected courses
- Strong student leadership that informs practice and contributes to key decisions
- First class facilities across all academies with state of art technology that aids and enhances learning
- Strong accountability of all students and staff associated with the Harris Federation
- A diverse range of extracurricular opportunities that can only be offered with a Federation
- Close tracking of student performance to ensure your aspirational targets are achieved
- Access to the Harris Experience Advanced programme for students wanting to progress to top universities
- A rich, balanced and innovative curriculum offer for all our students.
Our world is changing rapidly and Harris Federation Sixth Form will adapt with these changes to ensure that you are ready to meet these developments by constantly evaluating economic and employment trends. You are joining a sixth form that has an ethos focused around professionalism, achievement and mutual respect. This ethos will hold all stakeholders to account for their performance, through uncompromising high expectations and aspirations. However, you will receive excellent support and mentoring to ensure you realise your aspirations. This will enable you to achieve your true potential and access your next pathway without any restriction, facing the challenges that society will bring with confidence.
The Sixth Form Curriculum comprises of the following elements which build to make a personalised programme of study for each student:
A Levels: Students can choose three or four A Level subjects dependent on prior attainment from a range of 30 different subjects.
Vocational Level 3 Courses: Students can choose one, two or three subjects. We offer a range across nine different subject areas.
GCSE Maths and English: All students who have not reached a grade 4 prior to joining us will be expected to resit these qualifications.
Level 3 Core Maths: Students who do not wish to take A Level Maths have the opportunity to take this subject alongside their main 3 subject choices.
Extended Project Qualification (EPQ): Students can choose to undertake the EPQ as an additional qualification. This allows students to show a depth of study in one particular area of their studies which enhances their UCAS and job applications.
Extended Programme: All students have the opportunity to participate in Enrichment activities which comprise of many sporting and cultural activities. Students also undertake a period of Career Enhancement at the end of Year 12. This includes work experience, research projects and other career enhancing activities. The tutorial programme supports the UCAS and careers programme to ensure students have clear progression strategies in place following their results in the August of Year 13.
Independent Learning Tasks: Students compete independent learning tasks at various points throughout the year, including during their induction period. These are set as part of the enrolment process and through the curriculum. Links will appear below at points throughout the year so students can access specific tasks.
Independent Learning Tasks for new students September 2021 Please click on the document below and select the tasks that relate to the courses you will be studying.