Sixth Form Aims
Sixth Form is a transitional stage between compulsory education and life in employment, higher education or training. You are therefore expected to take far more responsibility for your own learning than in Year 11. The Federation expects a high standard of conduct and a professional appearance, and looks for the development of good working relationships with tutors and teaching staff.
In general, the aims of the Federation with respect to its Sixth Form are as follows:
- To encourage high academic standards and to enable each student to achieve his/her full potential.
- To encourage and maintain personal high standards in work, conduct and presentation and to foster an acceptance of individual responsibility in this respect.
- To place every student on a programme of study appropriate to his/her ability and needs.
- To allow every student individual freedom wherever possible, in order to prepare him/her for planning his/her time at University or for entry into employment.
- To provide all necessary guidance with regard to entry to Universities, Colleges of Higher Education or employment.
- To encourage every student to take a full and active part in the life of the Federation and to contribute to its leadership.